My big sis Jeanne lives in Brooklyn with her husband Michael and their youngest child, Chris. They’re safe and sound, thank goodness, but my sister’s work shut down, so she’s had plenty of time to ponder the mysteries of the universe (and perhaps her Netflix queue).
She’s come up with a list of “Things to ponder when you are bored”:
- You are a bit disoriented when you wake up like that was a terrible nightmare and then you realize that you’re waking up to live the nightmare.
- You hear sirens all day long. On weekend nights when your kids were young and out late, you prayed they listened when you said “don’t drink and drive.” Now you pray for other reasons.
- Your husband doesn’t know which bandanna to choose (thank goodness you ordered them before “currently unavailable”). He ponders whether to align with the Crips or Bloods and opts for both.
- You used to skip lunch at work now it’s a five star production.
- Your unwind beverage of choice was a nice glass of Cabernet. Now it’s straight Gentleman Jack.
- You eccentric father who never believed in doctors believed peroxide could fix most ailments: teeth, skin, etc. Who knew?
- How can you not purchase a Dr. Anthony Fauci bobble head?
- Amazon Fresh says they update delivery availability throughout the day. They lie. Fresh Direct doesn’t even offer a future delivery date to choose.
- I always wanted to live in Montana.
- I forgot my ID on my last walking adventure to NYC. I was not able to get an Ezra Keats Snowy Day library card. My husband brought his ID and got his. He doesn’t even know who Ezra Keats is. I read, he bought the kids candy.
- I have a drawer that must have 10,099 buttons.
- J Crew sent me a spend $100 get $50 free coupon. That’s not happening.
- A liquor store is considered an essential business. Go figure.
Hang in there, sister. Things will get better someday…
Glad they are all well. What an awesome list! The thing about the nightmare—I relate. Waking up has become a very strange sensation and I don’t live in NYC.