Got an intriguing LinkedIn request this week from someone I’ve never heard of:
Sure I don’t know Hamza from Adam, but how could I turn down his request? I made a list of pros and cons.
Reasons to accept a LinkedIn request from Hamza Degraft:
- Great name
- Letters of name can be rearranged to spell “Grazed Fat Ham”
- Wears a powdered wig
- Ruffled collar, ruffled sleeves, unruffled demeanor
- Has been at his job for 27 years so he must be doing something right
- Helped me learn where Benin is.
- Will allow me to start conversations at parties by saying “My business associate in Benin…”
Reasons to decline a LinkedIn request from Hamza Degraft:
- Don’t know him.
- Letters of name can be rearranged to spell “HZ Fart Damage”
- Might be a scam
- Benin has ebola cases
- Already sound pretentious enough without saying “My business associate in Benin…”
The wig sealed the deal. Meet my new business associate. He lives in Benin…